Wednesday, June 07, 2006

(Extract from To Myself)

3.22 am and I find myself doing my usual exam stress ritual of writing in my journal. Five down, one excruciating last one to go! Financial Decision Making, of course. Surprisingly I've given up panicking a long time ago, and now I'm floating in a strange sea of blase-ness, and insouciant couldn't-care-less mood.

Frustration: a deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs. - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

I am frustrated. Academically, emotionally, spiritually, sexually, musically frustrated.

(I have my parents to take care about the financial frustration bit.)

By noon on Friday this one year of my life will be completely boxed away, removed from the world to become dusty and musky, until one fine day in three months' time I'll fling open cardboard lids and exclaim oh, how the time has passed!

Ok, ok. Collect my thoughts, focus on FDM. Deep breath followed by an even deeper sigh...

No comments: