Saturday, February 25, 2006

Brrr....

Gaaahh the weather's been very British the past few days. Well, only in Britain does the weather have personality attributes. And of the alarmingly schizophrenic mood swing type. Well let's see, just a few days ago it was sunny, crisp and dry. So dazzlingly bright that shades made a mini-comeback along Oxford Road. And then, without as much as a farewell, liquid depression descended upon us. The damp is rheumatism-inducing, wind so bitingly horrible even the coat and scarf don't wanna go out and be seen, sleet so nasty I've almost forgotten what it felt like to live in darling Malaysia. Woe on those whose heaters mysteriously switch off during a cold spell. You have my sympathy, really. Suddenly the kitchen seems warm and welcoming - overflowing bin, fried onion smell and all.

But anyway, food supplies are diminishing with worrying aclarity. Something about the cold that makes me eat more hehe.. Out to face the weather, then.


Anyways I'm back and it's like, 5am in the morning. Jasley walked Phing n I back from Hulme Hall and he's sooo totally all over her! *chortle* Can't believe I'm blogging instead of sleeping the alcohol off! But I just had to shower, wash off all the encrusted vodka from my arms and clean my smoke-permeated hair, so gotta wait until said hair is dry or else I'll wake up looking like a peacock in heat bloomed all around my face. So I have nothing better to do than blog - eyes too tired to continue Season Two of the O.C. and I can touch type anyway, even with my eyes close. Honestly, test me haha.

Went into town Friday afternoon to help Dara find an outfit for her performance in Sunday's Student PopIdol - she's gonna be singing some Whitney Houston - but no luck especially with the search narrowed down to something dark aquamarine-green. Stopped for a latte at the cafe next to Arndale's Starbucks and a generous sample of carrot & something muffin! Mmm... Dara looks simply fabulous this term with her huge blue contacts, longer hair and that luvved-up glow =P

Anyways happy 19th birthday JJ! Went to Lidl & Tesco yesterday, got the stuff for my cannellini fusilli salad that I planned to make for the potluck dinner cos I was too lazy to do any full-scale cooking. Of course, silly me, totally forgot to get the cannellini beans which kind of made the salad just a plain, boring ole.. well, salad with fusilli. Cheated on the dressing cos I used the remainder of the white rice vinegar used for cleaning the CNY jellyfish (the unused vinegar, i mean) instead of balsamic vinegar. Maybe some coarse black pepper and crushed garlic might have given it more oomph too. Never mind, always next time. Ainun did some scarily good sweet & sour chicken with mix veg and pineapple; wanphing some wonderful creamy spaghetti cabonara; JJ the fried egg rice he did for Shahril's birthday ages ago.

All in all, the dinner gathering was pretty good. The M&S cakes were seriously tho out of shape haha.. Doesnt matter what the thing looks like just how it tastes horr... Headed down to Fallowfield and in the end chose Orange Grove bar (or watever it's called) as our get-JJ-drunk-birthday-rendevous. Watched with fascination this totally wow (in my experiences anyway) Korean drinking stunt. 19 small beer glasses lined up perfectly, 18 shot glasses of vodka balancing precariously in between. And voila, a brilliant demonstration of the domino effect and beer never tasted so good than with a shot of vodka. Pity we never got to use Shu Mei's tongue-twister drinking cards, but I suppose that was probably more cerebral than most people were game for on a night out...

Got back bout 5am ish after spending a few seriously random hours in Jung Hann's room. Showered, and surprisingly got myself out of bed 2pm ish. Went to see Munich with Wan Phing. Damn good movie! Intense like a typical Spielberg but have to say it was the highlight of my week. Arggh gonna go to classes in my duvet if it doesn't start getting warmer soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiya, sorry i had to leave the msg here. That's cos i couldn't find yr email in the blog. anyway...I noticed your blog is linking to mine (Politics 101) at the old URL. The new address is http://alphabetsoup.bloggoing.com. Please update when convenient. Thank you.