Friday, May 05, 2006

Narcissim is Necessary?

Spent a rather interesting day out with the other Miss Lim - Li Ying - @ Fusion Studios just off Oldham Street in Manchester's Northern Quarter for a "free" makeover & photoshoot session =P. The four hours there started off with a mini manicure - LiYing got a frenchie and my nails got a pearly pink colour. After that it was into the hair chair where first my mini facial, makeup then hair was done. Aiyor the amount of makeup that goes on! Felt like an inch's worth of foundation, concealer, blusher, powder, glitter, shadow, liner, mascara etc etc etc on my lovely face. *chortle* Hair was done astondingly quick - curled around a very hot, slim pair of straighteners, then spritzed and deconstructed. I have to say it was all very professionally done, and looked totally natural in the photos.

My photographer was Sean, a kinda cute, quite sweet Brit guy whose girlfriend's apparently around my height. Had borrowed a couple of dresses to try on during the shoot (thanksabunch Phing!) and we decided on three looks to try out. First up was my black lace top, slashed jeans and white/gold wedges. In the end the initial photographs didn't turn out as good as the later ones, probably cos being photographed as a model took some getting used to. Having said that, I have no excuse. My stint as a 2-yr-old gum gel advert model shoulda sufficed hahaha...

I'm wearing the same dress in the above photo as the one below. Sean switched on the fan in this one, giving a kinda soft, epic Hollywood look to this. Hmmm... just a chance to pretend I was Lizzie Bennet standing on Stanage Edge in Pride & Prej, dreaming of my Mr Darcy mmhmm...


Really pretty floral print, no? Not sure whether I like or dislike the glitter - the style's kind of Brit but at the same time it does open up my eyes. My skin looked so pale throughout this shoot.. aiks.


For the last shoot I Wore Phing's gorgeous WestOne dress with the lace back, and had my hair half pinned up and the fringe straightened, though you can't really see it in this photo. Sean dimmed the lights and pulled down a black background for a minimalist, dramatic effect. Very noir chic. Think this is the best out of all three I came away with. (In Shyan's words: my hair framing my face perfectly. Though he thinks I look too serious. Oi, I was going for a mysterious, sexy look ok.)

In all it was quite an experience, a good break from the intense studying. (Studying? What studying??)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Drool...Nice shots