Thursday, May 25, 2006

PVS

I've lost a sock.

I simply don't believe it, but I've lost a sock. And not just any sock, but a brand new, wonderfully stripy, adorably fluffy pair Khai Ern gave me when she stayed over last Friday.

I'm sure I'll find it if I did a more extensive search than the cursory rumage through the debris on my bed I did just now. I'm quite certain it's within the confines of this room, probably chucked in the knickers drawer, trapped behind the bed or bundled up in last week's PJs.

But this loss of a possesion - a sock, no less - albeit temporary, has suddenly thrown me off-course. And with the temperature stubbornly staying in the low 10s, I find myself unable to concentrate, incapable of even reading through any wikipedia article on the management in society topics. Even the nice thick Esprit pair my mum just sent me won't do any good - I want that particular sock. With tomorrow's exam less than 24 hours away, I guess you could say that I'm pretty screwed.

*********************************************************************************

Got a pleasant surprise today when I visited Bonnie's xanga site and saw a rather familiar photo... She'd used one of the shots I took around Wells Bishop's Palace as her background. Wahey! Talk about unexpected recognition. I'd totally forgotten that she had used some of my photography for an A Levels art project. Miss you, Bonnie!

*********************************************************************************

Lynn and I have both entered a phase of carbohydate craving. Not good. Quite upsetting, actually. I hereby bid farewell to my nearly non-existent waistline. I need to resume exercising in the gym once tomorrow's exam is over. But then I'll be spending 5 days in London with her and I foresee more binging on rice and ice-cream. Hey, us women have needs, ya know. Tom yum fried rice for dinner, anyone?

*********************************************************************************

I've got cold turkey from the recent lack of any photography on my part. It's great being able to explore the wonderful images posted online by photographers worldwide and especially from Malaysia, but - I'm just not satisfied. I wanna go out there and make iconic images of my own. Images that stimulate thought and emotion. Images that preserve my own memories and and represent a thousand words to others. Images, like those of the great photographers', that make you stop in your tracks and become helplessly absorbed from the very first glance.

One can only keep trying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there i chanced upon your blog and i think you're really charming and enigmatic. love your modelling pics. by any chance would you like to meet up?