Thursday, December 01, 2005

Last month, first day

Happy Birthday to my Mummy! And lil cousin bro Sean/Shau Chi! (okay, not-quite-so-little anymore, but stil young enough for me to beat you hands down at a lot of things hehe...) As we celebrate, let us also commemorate World AIDS Day, remembering those who have fallen, those who suffer, and those whose futures hold uninmaginable pain.

So many things to do, so little time. One song I listen to from time to time to keep life in perspective is Jewel's Hands ("my hands are small, I know, but they're not yours they are my own...").


At the moment I'm bordering on being anaemic but am determined not to let it get me down too much. Nuthin' I can do except eat properly (iron-rich food n the tiniest amount of folic acid everyday), and try not to get burnt out too quicky each academic term. On the whole, I manage to survive pretty well. (Small comment on the side:
pregnant women take folic acid, for goodness' sake. Mum was allergic to folic acid or something like that when she was carrying me; the irony is that now I've to eat a truck-load of the stuff over my entire life.)

I was bloody hungry, dizzy-headed, waaayy too warm under the duvet despite an open window by the bed, and scarily chock-full of sparky thoughts. Had a long-past-midnight meal, updated my CV, read a few tips on photography, listened to some Josh Groban (yar yar, don't have to nudge so) and now I'm a slightly happier bunny. =) Ignore the time under this entry - it's actually closer to dawn than midnight.


A motley collection of things to do over the next decades:
~ become of better person

~ become a better musician

~ learn Spanish to an intermediate level plus enough of another to communicate, brush up my Chinese and French

~ become a better photographer

~ get a tattoo

~ work for an NGO (perhaps WorldVision)

~ "adopt" a child

~ find the one I'm going to marry, and marry him
~ have his children

~ if above option not possible, adopt for real
~ learn how to dive
~ own a gorgeous luxury sports car and drive it on weekends

~ more realistically, graduate with a solid degree, get a good job with a salary enough to keep myself and my family comfortable

~ travel a little bit more of the world: Turkey, Greece, the African Continent, South America, the Caucasus, Canada, Oceania, do the trans-Siberian Railway or the Silk Route, virgin rainforests still left in Malaysia. Make use of my TEFL dip. now that I've achieved it

~ further develop my culinary skills =p
~ never lose sight of who I am through change and time, die loved and still loving myself

Enough for a whole lifetime and more.

Life is a stage,
So play your part.
Some will slander,
Some will shy,
Damn the critics,
And live your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang on there - end of term is around the corner.